Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Art of Allowing

"Through allowing, you become what you are; vast, spacious. You become whole. You are not a fragment anymore, which is how the ego perceives itself. Your true nature emerges, which is one with the nature of God." ~Eckhart Tolle

When I get laser focused on a goal and everything it takes to bring that goal into physical manifestation, I sometimes forget the most important and powerful part of the manifestation and creative process - Allowing. The art of allowing is a fairly simple concept, but oh so difficult to master. This morning as I am reflecting on exactly what it means to allow, I have found my sometimes circular thoughts leading me back to an important realization. If I am trying to force or push against ANYTHING to make it happen, I am not allowing and I am most definitely blocking the creative process of the universe.

So how do you detach enough from something you want really badly, in order to create the space to allow it to come into your experience? That is much easier in theory than practice, but it is possible with some self-awareness and reflection. For me this is largely based on trust and experience. In my past experiences, I can recall several instances where I was successfully able to detach enough to allow, and the results that occurred in relation to my goal or desire have often been more magnificent than I could have imagined. In my mind and heart I believe that the universe is always striving to deliver our dreams to us in ways that are most beneficial for our growth and expansion. There are those parts of me though, (ego perhaps), that like to plant seeds of doubt and mistrust, in order to cling onto my desires and goals and attempt to control that which is truly beyond my direct control.

Many of us have heard of different strategies to help us step into a space of allowing, such as picturing the outcome you want to manifest in your life whenever you catch yourself feeling doubt and worry. This is a fantastic starting point, but I think that faith and patience are also key to the practice of allowing. When you find yourself pushing up against something that is currently a part of your experience, take a step back and acknowledge what is. Instead of jumping in right away and trying to change it, allow yourself the space to be quiet. Creating this space and allowing things to be as they are, will allow the most perfect guidance to come through for you. Allow yourself to be guided by the universe, and you will know what it is you need to do to move towards what you do want to create. Sometimes there is nothing to do, and creating the space of allowing is all it takes to bring your desires into perfect manifestation.

Here is a quote that I found that sums this up very well: "The deeper aspect of allowing has to do with trusting, being patient and having faith that what you want to manifest, create and experience can and will show up in your life as it is meant to. In other words, it's an ability to allow things to happen and materialize, without you having to manipulate, dominate or control other people or situations to make them happen. If you have a tendency to be a control-freak at times, this can be incredibly challenging." ~Mike Robbins

How will you practice allowing in your life today? Where are you not allowing?

~Love and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment