Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blissed Out with Breath of Fire

I have to share this with all of you because it has been so powerful for me.....

This past week I learned a technique for enhancing my connection with the divine realms, and honestly every time I practice I feel completely blissed out and have a tangible experience of "oneness" and complete connection with everyone and everything.

When my mentor and spiritual teacher first showed me the technique last Sunday, and explained how powerful it was, I must say I was a bit skeptical. The breathing technique she showed me is called breath of fire or Shakti breathing, and apparently it is an important component of Kundalini yoga practice. I, (the ego part of me at least), felt kind of silly the first few times I attempted this technique but I must say that the immediate effects blew my mind. Apparently, this breathing technique accelerates your spiritual growth and helps to dissolve karmic knots that we carry on our spines. The first time I tried breath of fire I could actually physically feel popping sensations along my spine and near my heart chakra -- I was amazed. I have tried many other forms of meditation and breathing, and have never experienced anything like what I experience with breath of fire.

Because of this, I have been practicing every day this week, and not only to I feel more connected to the universe and my own intuition, but I have also had amazing access to my dreams. I have been remembering three or more dreams a night, and been able to almost instantly integrate and incorporate their messages and meanings in my life.

There are tons of videos on youtube which give instructions on this technique, (look up breath of fire), and if you are interested I highly encourage that you try it. I would love to hear about your experiences as well if you decide to use this technique to enhance your current spiritual practice.

Blessings of Light and Love to all of you




2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting idea, Allison. I certainly am aware that my spine contains "knots" as you put them of tension, blockages, unresolved issues. I'll definitely be checking out the video, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Kundalini Yoga student/teacher and can honestly say hand on my heart that it is the best thing that has ever happened to me, this is a supreme technology that has been gifted to the West and is such an important tool for humanity in these times of transition into the Aquarian Age. I am thrilled that you've had such amazing results from doing just this one simple breathing technique..you should enroll in a class if you can, i think you'd respond really well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete